[x265] [arm64] Status and combined patch

Pop, Sebastian spop at amazon.com
Tue Sep 7 14:36:16 UTC 2021

Hi Gopi,

Thanks for your feedback. I will check the errors you reported.

I will fix all the issues and re-submit the p2s patch for review.

?
Could you please send me the exact cmake flags and the commands you used to run the smoke tests?
I want to make sure my testing covers the use cases you have seen failing.

I see the following cmake flags in https://github.com/videolan/x265/blob/master/build/linux/multilib.sh#L6

# cmake ../../../source -DHIGH_BIT_DEPTH=ON -DMAIN12=ON

With this configuration the current code in x265/source/common/aarch64 fails to build.

Would it be ok to remove the code in x265/source/common/aarch64 and submit the p2s routines working with 8bit, 10bit, and 12bit configurations?

On my side I cleaned up aarch64/ipfilter8.S and have it complete with all the functions that x86_64 implements.

I will make sure ipfilter functions pass TestBench with and without HIGH_BIT_DEPTH before I submit the patch for review.

Thanks,

Sebastian