[Android] Next release ?

Felix Abecassis felix.abecassis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:10:42 CET 2014

I have one major blocking point on my side: depending on the hardware
decoder, hardware acceleration can still be stuttering for some
samples (samples with only DTS timestamps). Martin is asking around
for insights on how to handle this case.

We have two threads on the forum saying that HW acceleration is stuttering:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=117812
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=117821
However, the log are totally useless so I don't have anymore ideas for
the moment.

I also have two small fixes on my list:
- There is a bug sometimes when transitioning from HW to SW decoding
after an error occurred. The subtitle surface needs to be cleared and
hidden.
- We should disable IOMX for audio decoding, except maybe for AC3.
Ideally AC3 should also be done by MediaCodec, but I'm not sure I have
a device to test this.

> Hi all,
>

> I think we will be able to release soon the new version of VLC Android on
> the play store. The development has quite quite active since a few months
> and we have many new things to show to catch up with the competition.
>
> I would like to know if you are aware of some bugs that have not been fixed
> yet. If yes, please report them to me. In all cases, please test heavily the
> nightly builds.
>
> An other point is the translations. We have few new strings in this version.
> What is the process to get the updated translations?
>
> Best regards,
>

> --
> MagSoft

Félix Abecassis