[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Wed Oct 14 20:28:58 CEST 2009

Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:51:38 +0200, Thomas Kernen wrote
>> So card specific? Usually the TT-1500 is a very well supported card
>> and it does work fine with other applications. Maybe more sensitive
>> the DiSEqC timing issues?
>
> Well, it might be a bug in the kernel driver, maybe this card is more sensitive
> to cabling quality and noise. There is one quite long thread on linux-dvb ML
> which mentions similar problems with TT 1500 and at the end it turned out to be
> a cabling problem:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg29710.html
>
> We might eventually consider repeating diseqc commands for more safety, but
> except for that I'm not sure whether there's anything else we can do in DVBlast
> as the exact data timing is handled by the kernel.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. Until I requested the DiSEcQ
support in DVBlast (for which I'm very grateful), I had yet to come
across a problem with switching between the positions. And since the
TT-1500 works fine with other applications I'm using I really don't
think it's cabling related as described in the email thread.

Is there anyone else testing with TT-1500? It's one of the most common
cards on the market so would expect that someone else on this list is
also using it.

Regards,
Thomas