[dvblast-devel] Streaming dvb-c with CI modules

Hai Anh Tran haianhtran1986 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:14:49 CET 2011

> Normally there is nothing to configure ; it should start descrambling as
soon as you insert the CAM. However, in my experience with the Netup
DVB-T/C card, the system crashes as soon as I insert a CAM. I would be
interested to know if you have the same problem.
I don't have the same problem, but the CAM couldn't descramble services
when i insert it into CI Slot. I checked dmesg and get this line:
[   22.809425] dvb_ca adapter 1: DVB CAM detected and initialised
successfully

> I am use dvblast with DVB-S/S2 card ...
If acces card properly activated, dvblast decoded stream automaticaly.
In dvblast conf file you choose only multicast group and other parametrs.

DVBLAST don`t have special swith decode/no decode .

You can see some strings in output of dvblast, like this:
debug: CI slot 0 is active
debug: opening ResourceManager session (1)
debug: opening ApplicationInformation session (2)
info: CAM: DREcrypt NP4+ , 01, 4A60, 0001
debug: opening ConditionalAccess session (3)
debug: CA system IDs supported by the application :
debug: - 0x4ae0
debug: - 0x4ae1
debug: - 0x4ae5
debug: adding first CAPMT for SID 31020 on session 3

If you see it, than you CI module is activated.
DVBlast streams this stream in you network.

I just see these messages:
  debug: CA interface with 1 slot
  debug:   CI link layer level interface type
  debug:   0 available descramblers (keys)
I mean we have to choose which channels will be descrambled with which CI
slot, because if you have about 10 encrypted channels, and you just want to
descramble some of them, that you have to define them.
By the way, how can i check CAM parameters when inserting it into CI slot?

Thanks & Best Regards!
Tran Hai Anh
Mobile: (+84) 912.701.235
Mail: haianhtran1986 at gmail.com