[dvblast-devel] dvblast & remote CAM decoding

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at netsat.se
Wed May 30 00:36:39 CEST 2018

Hey,

It is possible to configure dvblast to forward the raw encrypted stream of
a channel. This we know and this works very well.
What I do not know is how I can decrypt this stream using a remote CAM
module.

   - Server1
      - dvblast running and sending the raw encrypted stream to
      239.200.0.1:1234
   - Server2
      - Holds the CAM module and smartcard
      - What kind of software can I run here that would read
      239.200.0.1:1234, send the packets to the CAM module and return me
      the unencrypted stream?

We were thinking of using the Digital Devices Single CI Slot
<https://www.digital-devices.eu/shop/en/accessoires/bridge/159/dd-octopus-single-ci-single-ci-slot-with-2-expansionports-ci4all-function>
.

DISCLAIMER:
We have official Irdeto2 CAM module and Smartcard from the broadcaster with
proper licenses for re-broadcasting this particular channel.