[dvblast-devel] dvblast & remote CAM decoding

Daniel Kučera daniel.kucera at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:53:46 CEST 2018

Hello Ibrahim,

I think Ahmed is not right. In our solution we used the concept of
decoupled receiver and decryptor.

One server was stuffed with tuners an running dvblast. It was configured to
send both EMMs and ECMs to multicast group together with the encrypted
channel data.

Other server without tuners but with powerfull CPUs was running tsdecrypt
which received encrypted multicasts and decrypted them. It was connected to
OSCam server and was also succesfully updating subscriptions on CA cards
connected via PCSC readers.

I also wanted to test decrypt with CA modules but I haven't found suitable,
available and not very expensive solution (didn't spent much time on this).

Anyway, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. The module has no idea
if the TS comes from "internal" tuner, ASI, network, file or other source.

Dňa st 30. 5. 2018, 5:18 Ahmed Ramze <ahmedramze at gmail.com> napísal(a):