[libbluray-devel] PTS and DTS of Blu-Ray titles made of multiple files

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Sun Nov 20 18:02:25 CET 2011

On 11/19/2011 04:49 PM, Andrea3000 wrote:
> John Stebbins <stebbins at ...> writes:
>
>> Hmm, yeah, that's not what I expected it to do.  I thought it would
>> give the time from the beginning of the title analogous to how
>> bd_tell() gives the position from the beginning of the title.
>>
>> It would be trivial to fix.  All the information is already there in the
>> NAV_CLIP that nav_packet_search() returns.  I wonder who it would
>> screw up to change the behavior of this API.
>>
> Is it possible to post some sort of "feature request" on this list?
> It would be very helpful to have bd_tell_time() to provide the position
> relative to the title rather then to the current clip.

This is the right place to make requests.

I'm in favor of making the change.  And since I have commit privileges, I can do this.
But I want to give others a chance to voice their opinions first.

j-b, does VLC use this API?  Anyone know of any applications that use this API?  I can't
imagine what the clip time would be useful for.

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7