[libbluray-devel] PTS and DTS of Blu-Ray titles made of multiple files

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 20 19:09:02 CET 2011

John Stebbins wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 04:49 PM, Andrea3000 wrote:
> > John Stebbins <stebbins at ...> writes:
> >
> >> Hmm, yeah, that's not what I expected it to do.  I thought it would
> >> give the time from the beginning of the title analogous to how
> >> bd_tell() gives the position from the beginning of the title.
> >>
> >> It would be trivial to fix.  All the information is already there in the
> >> NAV_CLIP that nav_packet_search() returns.  I wonder who it would
> >> screw up to change the behavior of this API.
> >>
> > Is it possible to post some sort of "feature request" on this list?
> > It would be very helpful to have bd_tell_time() to provide the position
> > relative to the title rather then to the current clip.
> >

> This is the right place to make requests.
>
> I'm in favor of making the change.  And since I have commit privileges, I can do this.
> But I want to give others a chance to voice their opinions first.
>
> j-b, does VLC use this API?  Anyone know of any applications that use this API?  I can't
> imagine what the clip time would be useful for.

xine plugin uses it, but expects it to return title time. Most titles
use only single clip so I haven't noticed this before.

API documentation just says "return current time", maybe that could be
clarified too.

If you don't want to break API, you can always add something like
bd_tell_title_time() { return bd_tell_time() + clip->in_time; }

But if it is bug, fixing it does not break API :)

- Petri