[libbluray-devel] Feedback on BD-J support in VLC

Roald Strauss mr_lou at dewfall.dk
Tue May 10 16:42:12 CEST 2016

Hello

Sparetime BD-J developer here, tested two homebrew Xlets in VLC 3.0
2016-05-09.
(Both Xlets runs fine on all hardware players we've tested on).

It's awesome to see both Xlets running in VLC now. I'm looking very much
forward to having full BD-J support in VLC.

Here's my feedback for VLC devs:

Calling stop() on a Player object doesn't seem to work. Video continues
to play.

On my keyboard, the Enter button (sometimes called Return) usually used
to go to next line, is used as the Enter button on the remote control.
But it also toggles fullscreen in VLC it seems. So when selecting
something on the blu-ray by pressing Enter, VLC also jumps out of
fullscreen.

Mouse support seems to be missing?

Net support seems to be missing?

Thanks to everyone who's contributing to this project.

- Roald