[libbluray-devel] building libbluray fails due to deprecated BDToolkit override

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 2 12:43:51 CEST 2018

pe, 2018-08-31 kello 10:53 +0200, Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer kirjoitti:
> Is this mailing list the only place to report libbluray bugs to? Or
> is it recommendable to create an issue in the VLC trac instead?

I guess this list is fastest way to get response. There aren't too many
bug reports, and those may get lost / delayed in VLC bug tracker.

> Today, libbluray fails building in MSYS2/MinGW due to overriding a
> deprecated API in BDToolkit
> Archived log files by media-autobuild_suite: https://0x0.st/stVr.zip
>
> libbluray-git\src\libbluray\bdj\java-
> j2se\java\awt\BDToolkit.java:34:
> error: BDToolkit is not abstract and does not override abstract
> method
> getDataTransferer() in ComponentFactory
>
> Might be related to
> https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/libbluray-devel/2018-August/00
> 2913.html
> - "BDToolkit: implement sun.awt.ComponentFactory (fixes runtime
> issues
> with Java 9)" ... but breaks compilation with older or limited
> (non-Oracle) JDK? Just guessing.

Thanks, should be fixed now.

There may be similar issues in the near future (I'm trying to make the
code to run with OpenJDK 9 / 10). If you notice new failures it would
be nice if you could drop a message here.