[libbluray-devel] building libbluray fails due to deprecated BDToolkit override

Mario Rohkrämer contact at ligh.de
Sun Sep 2 13:17:10 CEST 2018

Am 02.09.2018, 12:43 Uhr, schrieb Petri Hintukainen
<phintuka at users.sourceforge.net>:

> pe, 2018-08-31 kello 10:53 +0200, Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer kirjoitti:
>> Is this mailing list the only place to report libbluray bugs to? Or
>> is it recommendable to create an issue in the VLC trac instead?
>
> I guess this list is fastest way to get response. There aren't too many
> bug reports, and those may get lost / delayed in VLC bug tracker.

Thank you for your response. I recently registered here.

>> Today, libbluray fails building in MSYS2/MinGW due to overriding a
>> deprecated API in BDToolkit
>> Archived log files by media-autobuild_suite: https://0x0.st/stVr.zip
>>
>> libbluray-git\src\libbluray\bdj\java-
>> j2se\java\awt\BDToolkit.java:34:
>> error: BDToolkit is not abstract and does not override abstract
>> method
>> getDataTransferer() in ComponentFactory
>>
>> Might be related to
>> https://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/libbluray-devel/2018-August/00
>> 2913.html
>> - "BDToolkit: implement sun.awt.ComponentFactory (fixes runtime
>> issues
>> with Java 9)" ... but breaks compilation with older or limited
>> (non-Oracle) JDK? Just guessing.
>
> Thanks, should be fixed now.
>
> There may be similar issues in the near future (I'm trying to make the
> code to run with OpenJDK 9 / 10). If you notice new failures it would
> be nice if you could drop a message here.

Fix confirmed.

If you want a "low end" testing environment, I can only recommend running
MSYS2 under Windows, as the media-autobuild suite does. It updates
MSYS2/MinGW as well as all libraries linked into ffmpeg before building
it, pretty automated.

https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite/