[libbluray-devel] Found a JRE compiled for Android (ARM)

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 22 19:34:26 UTC 2021

to, 2021-01-21 kello 00:11 +0200, Shaya Potter kirjoitti:
> I can't speak to any specifics, but there are some obvious issues
> that would prevent libbluray from loading it.
>
> libbluray searches for the the java root dir in a number of places
> (including the JAVA_HOME env)
>
> from the root dir, it searches in a number of subdir's for libjvm.so
>
> the dirs it searches are
>
>     static const char * const jvm_dir[]  = {"jre/lib/" JAVA_ARCH
> "/server",
>                                             "lib/server",
>                                             "lib/client",
>
> it turns out that none of those dirs are where this jvm stores
> libjvm.so.  it stores it in "lib/arm/client".
>
> hence it can't find it.  a simple experiment would be for you to
> build your own libbluray and add "lib/arm/client" or perhaps even
> "lib" JAVA_ARCH "/client" (again, unsure) and see if that improves
> the situation.

I've added these to libbluray git.

> with that said, I have some skepticism that it can work when loaded
> into the shared data partition as google has gone through efforts to
> lock down executable code being stored there, with that said, I don't
> know how that impact dlopen and the like and might only impact
> Android Q users.
>
> but again, this is just low hanging fruit issues, dont really know
> what it would be.  (with that said, I think the holy grail for many
> people would be to have kodi be able to use java on android).
>
> The other issue is that these devs don't provide any source code for
> the jvm that they built.  as it's under the GPL and they aren't
> providing sources they built it from, they are arguably in violation
> of the license.  that's going to prevent it from anyone putting
> significant effort into it.

Has anyone tried building it from sources ? Is it just about figuring
out correct configuration options, or does it need some patching ?

It would be nice to get small and compact JVM, but I don't know how
much stripped version it is possible to build... Or if it would be
possible to simply remove unneeded files from the image.