[libbluray-devel] JRE for Android part 2

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 27 22:43:52 UTC 2021

ke, 2021-01-27 kello 15:04 -0300, Vitor Dall'Acqua kirjoitti:
> it's more than that....
> Petri, are you able to understand this out?
>
> https://calebfenton.github.io/2017/04/05/creating_java_vm_from_android_native_code/

It is about using Android's own Java VM. I don't know if it would work,
even if we would provide all system classes.

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 2:40 PM Vitor Dall'Acqua <veggav at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hey Petri, figured it out.
> > If I remove the argument for JNI_VERSION_1_4 it will fail (but not
> > crash) with error -3 and that is wrong JNI version.

Yes, that means leaving the version undefined (random value).
That's kind of good news, at least the function pointer is correct.

> > So, I have updated the jni.h file in libbluray and changed
> > JNI_VERSION_1_4 to 1_6 and also changed that in the if statement
> > below where this is set.

I think using JNI_VERSION_1_4 means we're not using any features from
newer JNI versions (= we require JVM to support at least version 1.4).
Those should be backwards compatible, so increasing this should have no
effect (except ruling out some very old JVMs).