[libdvdcss-devel] Tries to create cache subdirectory in / (root)

Christian Pernegger pernegger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:29:35 CET 2016

Hi again,

while trying to find a solution to my other problem, I think I might
have stumbled upon a bug. My version of libdvdcss2 (1.4.0, as
downloaded and compiled by Debian's libdvd-pkg) tries to create cache
*sub*directories directly under / when used on an iso image file, i.e.
the first part of the path ($HOME/.dvdcss) gets dropped somehow. If I
set DVDCSS_CACHE then the same mkdir is called with "" (and obviously
fails), regardless of the value.

I'm using dvdbackup (Debian 0.4.2-4) and I suppose libdvdread4 (5.0.0,
via libdvd-pkg) for these experiments but they shouldn't influence
caching, should they?

Regards,
Christian