[libdvdnav-devel] libdvdnav|read on git.v.o

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Feb 15 19:56:34 CET 2014

Dear dvdnav developers,

As you might be aware, I spent a lot of time moving the libdvdnav and
libdvdread SVN to git.

It took an extremely long time, because I decided to provide correct
authorship, and remove the extremely numerous "Patch by" messages with
correct credit.

A lot of branches, notably from Erik and Diego got merged, and a bit of
cleaning has been done. All SVN commits have been merged too.

The code was adapted for the upcoming libdvdcss release and the
build systems were rewritten to be simpler.

http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdnav.git;a=summary
http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdread.git;a=summary

Everyone that had commit access here is welcome and can have commit
access to this new repository. People like Erik, gnosygnu or others
that care about libdvdnav or libdvdread can have commit access too.
You just need to mail me a pubkey for ssh/git.

I'd like that those projects come again to life, notably because of the
new protections like ARccOS, and because the quality is not good enough,
and the crashes too present.
Some branches have never been committed and should be merged too.

The main differences you will see is that now we need git-formatted
patches to have proper credit (author != commiter) and that we intend to
keep it like this. The second one is the autotools build-system. And the
last one is the split of the vm.c file.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf