[libdvdnav-devel] DVD-Video Info

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Oct 2 04:55:47 CEST 2014

Hi folks.

To introduce myself, I have taken over principal development of
DVDAuthor from Scott Smith. The dvdunauthor tool that is part of that
package depends crucially on libdvdread for decoding DVD-Video
structures. While that has had some shortcomings in the past (like
mysteriously failing with no error message), it’s nice to see that
active development continues. :)

Just thought I’d also mention that I started a wikibook called “Inside
DVD-Video” <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Inside_DVD-Video> as a place
to compile all publicly-known information about the DVD-Video spec, in
one readable package. While not (yet) complete in itself, it has links
to the usual places to find more info. Additions and corrections are
welcome.

Lawrence D’Oliveiro