[libdvdnav-devel] dvdread: beandog branch with fixes

Steve Dibb beandog at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 9 07:34:14 CET 2015

While I appreciate everyone's help in trying to get me up to speed on
git, I was spending more time playing with it than actually coding, so
I am trying something else instead.  I created my own branch and pushed
the changes to github.  Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure
out how to pull those into the main branch.

You can see all the commits here:
https://github.com/beandog/dvdread/commits/beandog

The majority of the changes are deprecating ifoFree_* functions that
are making the code confusing to read or are unnecessary since they are
called only once, plus checking for NULL pointers properly and setting
them where necessary.

There's a lot of changes from using malloc to calloc since each ifoRead
functions partially import some of the data, and I added it as a safety
measure to make sure there's no garbage.

In dvd_reader.c, changing to use calloc actually fixed some of Thomas'
fuzzed DVDs parsing, when opening the DVD file, so that's good.

That's about it.  I dunno where we go from here, or how I can help out.

Thanks,

Steve