[mpris] [ANN] libmpris

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Fri May 21 00:09:04 CEST 2010

2010/5/20 Jorge Villaseñor <salinasv at gmail.com>:
> I would like to announce that I have took over mirsal's original work
> on libmpris, fixed some bugs, added some missing methods and stuff. I
> also added a mpris client which is able to control mpris enabled
> players.

Ah, thanks a lot !
Hopefully, the mpris is going to be given some love very soon and I'll
be glad to help you make libmpris reflect the changes made in the
spec.

> I have been using this code

Awesome, I didn't finish my work on this and I assumed that no one was using it.

> but I think it would be better if it get
> more testing. So I can find and be able to fix bugs.

Yes, and it would help to set up a little bit of infrastructure (like
a bugtracker and maybe distro packages)
Would you like to keep the maintainership of this project ?

> The code is on my github:
> http://github.com/salinasv/libmpris

Nice :)

> Also, I was thinking about moving it to use eggdbus but maybe it will
> be better to wait until 2.0 to move code.

It would add significant dependencies that are very large compared to
the size of the lib and it would mean a major rewrite. However, it's
not necessarily a bad thing, especially if the result is several
orders of magnitude more maintainable.

Best regards
--
Mirsal