[mpris] working on a 2.0 draft

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Sun May 23 14:32:44 CEST 2010

Hello Remi,

2010/5/22 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> [...]

You're absolutely right, well-known object paths, however namespaced
don't do the trick, and they're almost useless. As I wrote before,
this is still a work in progress, open to discussion.

So do you think the multi-instance use case issue is worth being
addressed in this spec ?

If it is, there is a rather simple solution which is not to rely on
well known names and define a method which would return a structured
list of object paths. We can even avoid a d-bus round trip by
consolidating this with the media player identification and the
implemented mpris version.

Anyway namespaced object paths can still help add a little bit more
structure if we come to extend the spec beyond the current three
well-known object paths. Plus namespaces can't do any harm do they ?

Thank you for your insights.

--
Mirsal