[mpris] Playlist extension

Conor Curran conor.curran at canonical.com
Fri Oct 29 03:40:55 CEST 2010

Hi Ian,

The use-case I have in mind is that a remote control can fetch a list of
playlists, display them with their respective icons and have the ability
to start playing one .

 >Perhaps the type of the playlist should be revealed? I could imagine a
applet using an icon to >indicate it. ...potentially be a dynamic
playlist or an online service?

Good idea ! I could expand the sound menu spec to differentiate between
the different types of playlists. Of course as you pointed out the
ordering aspect would be redundant if it were a online service of some
type.

So by dynamic playlist what do we mean exactly ?

Conor