[multicat-devel] Questions--- how to use multicat to stream out videos over UDP IP ( uncast/ multicast)

Zhang, Jun Jun.Zhang at centurylink.com
Fri Sep 26 00:45:56 CEST 2014

Hi ,

You are all doing a great job. Recently I started to use multicat SW but I could not find examples about how to use multicat.
I see the README file but still do not know how to stream out videos over UDP IP.

What I wanted to do is :

*         Uncast and multicast videos over UDP IP ( uncast/ multicast).

*         locally playback videos

So the question is what is the right command line  on Linux to use ?

For example: streamer server IP=10.1.195.141, server has a video called xxx.ts.

Client IP=10.1.195.79.

then, what is the right command line  to stream out videos from server to client as unicast , and multicast ?

how to playback videos locally  ?

Thanks a ton. Hope anyone can give me an example about uncast, multicast, local playback.

Thanks

Jun