[multicat-devel] Multicat reads and HDD disk I/O

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:28:38 CEST 2014

Hello,

We are running a system where we launch and stop multicats via scripts and
are having some I/O issues with multicat read operations (read from file
output to disk).

Our greatest concern is that the program does not buffer any kind of data
on the reads and thus generates too much I/O when streaming. Are our
concerns correct? Does introducing a read buffer to multicat (multicat
would have greater memory usage) help in the situation ?

Regards,

--
Ibrahim Tachijian