[streaming] Re: streaming inside or outside?

Moriarty, Mark F mark.f.moriarty at lmco.com
Thu Apr 7 15:36:33 CEST 2005

VLC works fine as the server.
Yes, you can use UDP streaming, though how it will work depends on both
your ISP and your client's ISP.  I mentioned mmsh because I think of it
as the most generic  mode for use over the 'Net.
For UDP,  unless both you and your client's ISPs are multicast enabled,
including multicast TX at your end, you would need to use UDP in
addressed mode -- the mode where the server has to fill in the
destination computer's IP address.

  _____