[streaming] Re: [Fwd: Re: VoD with authentication]

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Mar 10 14:38:28 CET 2006

Le Jeudi 9 Mars 2006 16:19, Son Minh Tran a écrit :
> About the md5.c, it is originally for live555 project under
> the name our_md5.c Its object file  is already  compiled  into the
> libliveMedia.a, but the header file is not found there in the
> acssociated include directory. Therefore when you recompile vlc, you
> only need the header file. Otherwise you will get redefinition error.
> Anyway you can find it in the source code of MDPassword project.
> The source code of MDPassword is written for VC6.

VLC has its own built-in MD5 implementation, that should probably be
used instead. Typical usage follows:

#include "vlc_md5.h"

/* ... */
struct md5_s hash;

InitMD5( &hash );

for (;;)
	AddMD5( &hash, data, data_size );

EndMD5( &hash );
fprintf( stderr, "MD5 hash: %08X%08X%08X%08X\n",
         hash.p_digest[0],
         hash.p_digest[1],
         hash.p_digest[2],
         hash.p_digest[3] );