[Translators] Translation Question about the string "VLC Media Player"

Thomas De Rocker thomasderocker at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:28:20 CEST 2010

Hello

I have a question about whether we should translate the strings containing "VLC Media Player" or not. I received an e-mail to change the translation of the program to "VLC mediaspeler" (in Dutch).

For me personally, I would like to keep the English name. For example: Adobe Audition isn't translated by "Adobe Auditie" in Dutch. But i was asked to change it.

So, i would just like to have your opinions about this. Should we translate, or should we keep it in English?
Note that the program name stays the same (English) in the program list on a pc... it only changes in the shell extensions.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Thomas