[Translators] Question about versions.

Thomas De Rocker thomasderocker at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:43:46 CET 2011

Hello

I have a question about the current version(s) of VLC. On git.videolan.org we have vlc/vlc-1.2.git (the VLC 1.2 maintenance branch) and the "VLC repository" with v1.3.

Which one should we translate? Are the strings for 1.2 still going to change? Are 1.2 and 1.3 developed separately? In other words: do we have to translate everything 2 times?

I'm sorry if this sounds confused, but i'm not a programmer and I don't really get the version stuff. I would be glad if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas De Rocker
Dutch translator