[Translators] Question about versions.

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Fri Dec 9 00:23:26 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 08, 11 at 19:43 +0100, Thomas De Rocker wrote:
> I have a question about the current version(s) of VLC. On git.videolan.org we have vlc/vlc-1.2.git (the VLC 1.2 maintenance branch) and the "VLC repository" with v1.3.
>
> Which one should we translate? Are the strings for 1.2 still going to change? Are 1.2 and 1.3 developed separately? In other words: do we have to translate everything 2 times?

You should translate 1.2. The strings shouldn't change except maybe for
some typos in the original string. This branch will then be used to do
the various bugfix release 1.2.1, 1.2.2, ... So translation can continue
to improve on this branch.

At some point in the future when 1.3 become mature, I will port all the 1.2
translations to 1.3.

hth,

--
Xtophe