[Translators] Scottish Gaelic (again)

Yaron Shahrabani sh.yaron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 09:05:23 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Michael Bauer <fios at akerbeltz.org> wrote:

>  Sorry for the delay, I was on a much needed holiday
>
> 09/04/2012 11:12, sgrìobh Yaron Shahrabani:
>
>  OK... so each and everytime you need to updated from POT you will
> override the new changes? I don't get the idea...
>
> No, I won't, I'm just using the Minimal VLC file as a starting point, once
> I have that committed, I'll get the most recent from VLC directly. As I
> said, the main reason to use that one was because it offers you the most
> commonly seen strings. As a team of 1, I don't have the time or stamina to
> do 34k strings most of which our target users will never see.

So maybe you should stick to my idea:
Running VLC with the current Gaelic translation, finding what looks wrong
and going to the PO to fix it.
It may take a little more time but it will get you focused on the really
important strings and won't waste your time.

>   Transifex? Why should it bother you? Their licensing allows you to work
>> freely on your document and use their hosting for free, nothing fishy, look
>> at the licenses.
>>
>   It bothers me because it says "Free for limited time up to 15,000
> words, single project". I remember getting bitten once before with a
> project that offered a free version of something which turned out to mean
> "free for half a year".

I dunno, I mean Fedora is hosted there... they would maintain their own
server if it was that terrible.

Do you have any privately hosted Transifex instance?
Do you have any better suggestion than Transifex whatsoever?

>   We were also thinking about sending an e-mail to the list with all the
> PO files we have, this way we won't have to bother you guys and lets hope
> that soon our project will be so big that the VLC staff will know to pull
> their translations from us automatically and there will be no loss of work,
> you are more than welcome to try and encourage the team to do so.
>
> Well, I'll keep an eye on that option and maybe change my mind once I have
> a better feel for the VLC l10n process, ok?

No probs, I'll be more than happy to be part of this process.

Kind regards,
Yaron Shahrabani.