[Translators] Basque revisited

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru julenx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:49:49 CET 2012

Hi Sveinn,

ar., 2012.eko azaren 20a 09:23(e)an, Sveinn í Felli(e)k idatzi zuen:

> Just a question Julen:
>
> (I did compare some of the basic differences for words like
> Open/Close/Cancel to the latest kdelibs4:
> <http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/eu/messages/kdelibs/kdelibs4.po>,
> a file that has been in translation by several basque translators since
> at least 1999. And I can see that your translation is quite similar.
> Also I can see some occurences of Capitalized Menu Headings in Xabier's
> translation.)

Thanks for taking your time to verify this.

> Thus I'm wondering if this is about a generation gap; a cool slangish
> wording versus a more formal one ? Or is it about regional/social/other
> differences ?

Apart from the language style considerations, this is simply about not
using well-established terms.
Imagine someone using different English terms for commonly-used terms
such as 'File', 'Load', or even 'OK' and 'Cancel'? That is the case.