[Translators] Untranslated texts in VLC

Marián Hikaník podnety at mojepreklady.net
Wed Sep 4 22:34:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

 > I guess my answer will be incomplete, I'll try it anyway.

Thank you for your answer. Incomplete answer is better as no answer... :-)

 > Actually, the texts for 2.2 are subject to change (we have string freeze for 2.1), for it is the bleeding edge version and any change in
the code might introduce new/changed texts.
 > Having a current 2.2 pot file would be nice (and is possible), but it should be used mostly for reviewing the english texts, not for
wasting translators time (and it will waste translators time, if I just put it on transifex).

I understand it now. I checked the translation for 2.1 with nightly build of version 2.2, because I assumed, that this both versions are (at
this moment) identical, from translator´s point of view. Now I know, that my assumption was not correct. Excuse me.
Of course, you are right, new texts for 2.2 on Transifex are not needed - in this situation. Thank you for your explanation.

 > This is a perfectly valid use case. We are collecting reviewed and non reviewed translations in any case.

Collecting is the best method in this case. Thank you for the affirmation. :-)

Best regards,

--
Marián Hikaník