[Translators] Untranslated texts in VLC

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Tue Sep 3 15:16:05 CEST 2013

Hello!

I guess my answer will be incomplete, I'll try it anyway.

Am 01.09.2013 14:13, schrieb Marián Hikaník:
> I updated today the Slovak translations for VLC and other versions of
> VLC on Transifex. Then I checked the last translation directly with VLC
> (nightly build vlc-2.2.0-git-20130829-040). I did not find any big
> problem, only some unlocalized texts. As I assumed, these texts are not
> present in the language file at this moment. In my optinion it could be
> nice to add texts to language file. We can translate it then.

Actually, the texts for 2.2 are subject to change (we have string freeze
for 2.1), for it is the bleeding edge version and any change in the code
might introduce new/changed texts.

Having a current 2.2 pot file would be nice (and is possible), but it
should be used mostly for reviewing the english texts, not for wasting
translators time (and it will waste translators time, if I just put it
on transifex).

> Please add the texts to the language files, if it is possible. Thank you
> in advance.

I might figure out something.

> BTW: Some strings are in my VLC translation (on Transifex) now marked as
> reviewed, some strings not reviewed. But this is not important for you,
> when you will need to export Slovak translation for the next version of
> VLC, you can make it regardless of review-status. The translation can be
> published, It is only mark for my internal review-process... :-)

This is a perfectly valid use case. We are collecting reviewed and non
reviewed translations in any case.

Best regards

Christoph