[Translators] Latest version of VLC 2.1?

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sun Sep 8 14:31:07 CEST 2013

Hello!

Am 08.09.2013 12:32, schrieb Marián Hikaník:
> I have one question to VLC 2.1. Which version of VLC 2.1 is the
> latest version and can be used for testing of translations for 2.1?

This is a very good question. And in fact you picked the right build.

> Today I downloaded VLC 2.1.0-rc2-20130908-0202 Rincewind (32-bit) and
> I tested the newest Slovak translation (uploaded on Transifex)
> directly with this version.

This build [1] uses the current source code for the upcoming 2.1 release
and replaces the translations with the ones from transifex (the resource
named "vlc-2.1").

> But unfortunately I found some untranslated strings. Before I will
> inform about these strings, I need to know, if I used the correct
> version of VLC for testing...

So, indeed there might be some issue here. Can you provide an example
for a missing string (if this is faster than collecting all of them)?

If you spotted them correctly, this really needs to be fixed.

Best regards

Christoph

[1] http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/vlc-2.1.0-20130908-0202/