[Translators] Latest version of VLC 2.1?

Marián Hikaník podnety at mojepreklady.net
Sun Sep 8 20:56:20 CEST 2013

Hello,

> This is a very good question. And in fact you picked the right build.

OK, thank you for your answer. So for the testing was used version vlc-2.1.0-rc2-20130908-0202-win32 on Windows 7 64-bit.

> This build [1] uses the current source code for the upcoming 2.1 release
> and replaces the translations with the ones from transifex (the resource
> named "vlc-2.1").

When I downloaded the build, I had to download latest translation for 2.1 from Transifex, convert .po file to .mo file and then I replaced
the translation in VLC folder. The translation distributed directly with installer is probably older (does not contain some strings and is
smaller in size, so I assume that the originally distributed translation is older). But this is no complaint, I write it only for
information... :-)

> So, indeed there might be some issue here. Can you provide an example
> for a missing string (if this is faster than collecting all of them)?

Yes of course. I can collect all strings, it is not a lot of work. When I used the newest Slovak translation from Transifex, these strings
are in VLC still in English:
- No EPG Data Available
- Playlist tree
- Name, PL id, Item id, PL flags, Item flags
- In the Settings section is untranslated string: „Menus language:“
- In section All settings -> Anaglyf are not translated strings:
pure red (left) pure cyan (right)
pure red (left) pure green (right)
pure red (left) pure blue (right)
pure green (left) pure magenta (right)
magenta (left) cyan (right)
- In section FFmpeg is untranslated string „Advanced options.“
- In section Remap is untranslated string „Normalize channels“.
- Keyboard shortcuts and names of plugins are not translated.

I did not found these strings in the language file on Transifex.

> If you spotted them correctly, this really needs to be fixed.

I prepared screenshots for the untranslated texts. You can download the ZIP archive with the screenshots from:
http://www.mojepreklady.net/download/VLC-screenshots.zip
Maybe it can help you.

Best regards,

--