[Translators] VLC 3.0.0

M T michtrz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 23:54:24 CET 2017

Hi Christoph and others!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we have the same old problem with the
headers. As Julen already wrote it here
Transifex has his own way to handle these headers and the current 3.0
translations don't have a header at all.
So if we would commit the files directly we would possibly loose all the
translator names. This was
also a problem in the past and a disadvantage from Tx.

@Christoph: Currently the most 3.0 translations are growing. We had a small
po update for RC5 some hours ago.
I will update the source at TX at next. The resource is not updated
automatically, because this option messed up
the old 2.2 resource so I turned it off. Now we need a good solution for
the header, I remember that your have created
a good way to handle that. A fast workaround for that was to get this
header from the translators but I received only a few ones.
And what's about the footer. Do we really need all the commented out
strings at the end of every file?
Sending these files with a patch is also not the fastest option. So, if you
can help in handling the header problem
and commit the completed translations, that would be a big help for us! I
will be back at home on friday and it will
be easier to maintain for me.

You can also write to me directly if you have some questions.
And we should inform the translators here and on TX what they have to do at
next.

Thanks,
Michi