Guidelines for 0.3 release

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Fri Apr 6 18:35:54 CEST 2001

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001, Henri Fallon wrote:

> Code cleaning :
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>     The deprecated dumpbits and getbits macro should disappear.

DumpBits & NeedBits. Plus they aren't macros, but inline functions :).

> Documentation :

>     title : write a developper documentation
>     deadline : 0.3
>     gravity : improbable. Code is commented, right ? :=)
>     worked-on : ?

That's sad. From my (professional) experience, the lack of documentation
prevents industrial people from using vlc (one even told me that OMS
was much better documented - though this documentation is in most cases
obsolete :).

--
Christophe Massiot.