Mac OS X

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 4 07:23:51 CEST 2001

On Saturday 04 August 2001 4:28 am, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Is there a possibility to find out what the performace bottleneck is
> exactly? Could be dvd-decoding (none of the modules like idct are optimized
> for g3), or yuv->rgb conversion, or writing the output into video memory.

You can enable profiling (with gprof) when you compile vlc. It's working on
Linux, and I guess it should work on MacosX as well. (./configure
--enable-profiling)

You are talking about yuv->rgb conversion... Can't you use YUV overlay on
MacosX? this way the conversion would be done in hardware.

It looks like great stuff anyway, every little bit of performance counts :-)

--
Gildas