Audio output bitrate adjustment and repeated bug report

Peter Surda shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at
Mon Jun 18 17:55:51 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 03:24:59PM +0000, Jason Mancini wrote:
> Hello,
hi

> My friend and I were discussing videolan, and it seems
> as if the audio tracks the video, or that there is a
> central clock that the audio and video track.  We both
> think the audio should be the master clock.  The audio
> should _never_ bend/pitch/skip.  Video glitches are much
> less disturbing...
I tend to agree somewhat. I was programming some minor sync-related changes to
aviplay a couple of months ago and the sync method used was that video adjusts
to a combination of position of audio-stream, hardware clock and fullness of
audio buffer. The audio changing pitch really is distrubing.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
                Where do you think you're going today?