BeOS window resizing

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Mar 7 21:53:55 CET 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001, Richard Shepherd wrote:

> Does vlc signal the video-plugin in anyway with the file's original
> size? I'm sure it does - I just can't work it out.

   Actually, it doesn't. The way it works now :

  * video output thread is spawned by the main program
  * vout thread opens a vout plugin
  * vout plugin opens a X*Y window

   Then, when the video decoder has decoded a picture, the video output
thread scales it and writes it in the X*Y window, then calls the plugin
management function. So in the actual implementation, the vout plugin is
never aware of the image size.

   A better implementation, which we are working on, would be to have
the whole rendering done within the plugin. Thus we wouldn't need the
b_YCbr flag, or the b_need_render : only the plugin would be aware of
the image size, and the video output thread would only be there to
provide generic functions.

   Unfortunately what you intend to do needs the new video output
implementation.

Regards,
--
Sam.