MacOS X progress

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Wed Sep 19 20:58:55 CEST 2001

Hi

I am making progress with the YUV-support on Mac OS X.

I got the quicktime-part up and running, but I have troubles integrating it
into vlc.

I don't know which of the p_vout parameters I have to set, if I bypass
the yuv module.

I set i_bytes_per_line to i_width, but vlc keeps crashing....
Do I need to provide two image buffers, or are they only needed when
b_need_render is set to 1?

I'am also unsure about the bit-masks. Their names (red_mask, blue_mask,
green_mask) suggest that they are only needed for software-rendering-mode...

QuickTime seems to only support the 'yuv2' mode where the memory layout
looks like this

|Y1     |U1/2   |Y2     |V1/2   |

so it's not planer like the YV12 format used on other platforms. Can I get
vlc to write the image in p_vout->p_rendered_pic in the yuv2 format, or do I
have to convert it in my vout_Display function?

greetings, Florian pflug