MacOS X progress

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Sep 19 22:35:32 CEST 2001

À (At) 20:58 +0200 19/09/01, Florian G. Pflug écrivait (wrote) :

>I am making progress with the YUV-support on Mac OS X.

Excellent ! I'm talking with a developer who integrated a MacOS 9
OpenGL output into mpeg2dec, I don't yet if it can help.

>I got the quicktime-part up and running, but I have troubles integrating it
>into vlc.

That's what we're here for.

>I don't know which of the p_vout parameters I have to set, if I bypass
>the yuv module.

Just have a look at the SDL plug-in. It manages both overlay and
non-overlay mode, and it will give you some hints. Basically, you
only need to set b_need_render to 0. In vout_Display(), you have to
picture to display in p_vout->p_rendered_pic, that's all you should
need.

>I set i_bytes_per_line to i_width, but vlc keeps crashing....
>Do I need to provide two image buffers, or are they only needed when
>b_need_render is set to 1?

You need only one picture buffer (currently).

>I'am also unsure about the bit-masks. Their names (red_mask, blue_mask,
>green_mask) suggest that they are only needed for software-rendering-mode...

Yes.

>QuickTime seems to only support the 'yuv2' mode where the memory layout
>looks like this

>|Y1     |U1/2   |Y2     |V1/2   |
>
>so it's not planer like the YV12 format used on other platforms. Can I get
>vlc to write the image in p_vout->p_rendered_pic in the yuv2 format, or do I
>have to convert it in my vout_Display function?

Ha, this is sad. Having the decoder use non-planar modes is
practically impossible, I guess you will need a conversion.

--
Christophe Massiot.