unable to compile the CVS tree after automake change

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 30 23:38:48 CEST 2002

Sam,

Currently I am unable to compile a fresh vlc CVS tree after your changes
for automake. I followed the HACKING recommendations and made sure the
right automake, autoconf and a rather recent gettext version (0.11.1)
were available.

After running bootstrap, doing ./configure and/or make results in error
messages. My machine is an upgraded RH 7.3.

The configure step exits with the following error:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: intl/Makefile.in

Here are the ouput of the various stage. Do you have an idea what is wrong?

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.