Problem Installing vlc on Mac OSX

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jul 23 10:59:42 CEST 2002

Afro Puff <afro_puff at hotmail.com>:

> so I tried to add those commands (--disable-dvd,
> --with-dvdcss=<path/where/libdvdcss/was/installed>, and I also tried
> --with-dvdcss-tree=<path/where/libdvdcss/was/built> where replaced the
>
> <path/where/libdvdcss/was/built> by dragging the folder libdvdcss-1.2.1
> into
> the terminal and it kept giving me the same error message displayed
> above.

Did you compile libdvdcss beforehands ?

> I have the April Dev Tools installed and I did download the .dmg file
> that I
> thought was supposed to work without any compiling but everytime I open
> the
> vlc program and select any kind of file nothing happens. the time

Which files have you tried ? Have you tried the Dolby Trailers from
ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams ?

> counter
> goes to --:--:-- for a second and then just goes back to 18:00:00 with
>
> nothing happening and my processor use goes back to nothing.

Launch it from the terminal in verbose mode
(./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc -vvvvvvvvv) and put the output on some web
page so that we can have a look at it.