VLC Feature - where to do ?

Stefan Henkelmann SuperCross at gmx.net
Thu Jul 25 16:40:05 CEST 2002

Hi,

i'm using VLC since a few month. I started looking at the source
code since Version 0.4.0. I tried to modify 0.4.1 but this version
didn't compile on my Suse Linux System (Error in the configure ?
it did not detect X11)

0.4.2 ist working great, so i don't care about 0.4.1 not compiling.

Now i have three questions:

1. (Where) would it be possible to implement an overlay on the
 running video picture (e.g. "2x" or "4x" when using fast forward,
or "Pause" or "Mute" .....).
It probably has to be done specific for every video out option ?

2. I want to control vlc with a remote control. I have a selfmade
 board which receives infrared signals and sends a bytecode to the
serial port. E.g. when i press fast forward 0x11 is end to the serial
port, 0x10 for play and so on .....
Where in the source code would it be the best part to start
implementing such a feature (i need a process polling the port
like it is done with the keyboard and changing the vlc to
the desired mode)

3. Is somebody working on a fastbackward ?

Thanks for answers
Stefan

http://www.gmx.net