[vlc-devel] Re: Building VLC from CVS

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Nov 27 21:06:11 CET 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 19:20, Abolish Tuesdays wrote:
> I've finally managed to get to the stage where I can "bootstrap" and
> "configure" the latest from CVS after a lot of difficulties getting my
> Windows XP MingW native compile setup to suit the requirements.  However,
> when my "configure" gets to the stage where it says:
>
> config.status: creating Makefile

I have exactly the same problem, I still haven't found out why exactly (in
fact, I'm kind of waiting for the next MsysDTK release which I hope will
solve the problem).

Unfortunately for you, building the development version of vlc has only been
fully tested using the mingw32 cross-compiler under linux. Which means that
if you want to compile vlc without too much trouble, you'll have to use
this setup.
I hope this will be fixed soon though.

Otherwise, you may also want try to compile vlc under cygwin. Just make sure
you follow the instructions in the INSTALL.win32 file.

Hope this help,

--
Gildas