[vlc-devel] Re: Question.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Nov 27 21:09:40 CET 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 16:44, Mateusz Borowiak wrote:
> Hi Guys!
>
> First of all, I would like to thank you for this great app!
> I use it on my Mac OS X and it works perfectly! Never been so
> happy! :)
>
> But I have also a question for you..
> I'm from Poland, and not everybody in my family speak English
> good enough to understand foreign movies...
> That's why I ask you to make a subtitle option for DivX (and
> XviD). Is that possible? Player should load a text file with
> subtitles. (I can try to help you with this)

Thanks for the compliments :)

As for your problem, subtitles support for DIVX has already been integrated
in the current development version of vlc :) This version shouldn't be
released before a couple of months though (but if you are courageous, you
can still grab the source code and try to compile it by yourself).

--
Gildas