playlist handling

Tony Castley tony at castley.net
Tue Sep 17 12:17:17 CEST 2002

Stephan Assmus wrote:

>>>I'm currently working on better playlist support for the BeOS
>>>interface
>>>plug-in. I noticed that some vlc playlist functions have a strange
>>>behaviour. BTW, I'm talking about 0.4.3. When a stream is currently
>>>playing, using the JumpTo() function is only modifing the playlist
>>>itself, it dosn't take care of the actual change in what is being
>>>played. However, if no stream is playing, it triggers playback. I
>>>would
>>>consider this inconsistent. What's worse, when no stream is
>>>playing,
>>>you have to jump to index_you_want-1. Is there a logic behind this?
>>>

>>   No. There is nothing close to logic here. The playlist in the
>>0.4.x
>>branch is a fatuitous inheritance from the asinine mind of an ancient
>>developer and should be completely ignored.
>>

>Alright, then I won't bother improving on the BeOS playlist anymore
>until I switch to the 0.5.0 tree. Which reminds me... how close is that
>tree to being considered "ready for public"? When I work on the BeOS
>interface, I want to concentrate on just that. Is 0.5.0 evolved enough
>to give me no headache during development?

Ok I have been trying to get the tree working under BeOS.  I got the
automake etc from the BeBits app VIM6.1.  Now it bootstraps ok.  I had
to remove libdl.so and dlfnc.h other wise the detection and usage got
confused as per my previous message.  If I then configure and make and
it does not compile the ffmpeg.h file, so I removed the ffmpeg from my
confugre options.  Then I got the error that beos_specific.c did not
exist for beos_specific.o to be built.  Odd as it has always been a
*.cpp file.  So I renamed that they I get the warning that it is
overriding the build options for beos_specific but everything compiles.
 Cool I think I finally got back to where I could work on the aout, but
no!!  The executable outputs the startup version line then segfaults
with no stack trace.

I am totally out of my depth.  I cannot get this to work in the time I
have to spend on it.  Concider this a cry for help!

Sorry

Tony