[vlc-devel] Re: About the win32 interface

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Fri Apr 18 13:06:31 CEST 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003, MaFai wrote:
> I use bcb5.0 to open the win32.bpr project.The compiler complain me
> that there is no config.h,subtitles.h and sout.h in the folder.

config.h is generated when you do the configure step, that's the reason
why i told you to build the whole vlc before trying to build the win32
interface.
subtitles.h and sout.h were missing in the 0.5.2 tarball, but it has
been corrected in vlc-0.5.3, and the ones from vlc-0.5.3 should be OK.

> I search the unzip vlc0.5.2 folder.There is no subtitles.h and
> config.h in the folder.So I use vlc_config.h instead of config.h.Is
> that right?

No, build the whole vlc under cygwin and you'll have config.h.

> Where is the subtitles.h? I try to comment the include "subtitles.h"
> in mainframe.cpp.But the mainframe.cpp really use subtitles.h  . Then
> i try to put subtitles.h found in vlc0.5.3 version to the vlc0.5.2
> folder.  The compiler still complain sth.

What is the problem when you use subtitles.h from vlc-0.5.3?
Anyway, since you've got the 0.5.3 tarball, you should compile this one
instead of 0.5.2 :)

> And I put  /vlc-0.5.2/include/vlc/sout.h to the gui/win32 folder .

As explained before, it's not the same file.
You should have less problems with vlc-0.5.3...

--
Ipkiss