[vlc-devel] Re: Navigation to VCD via vcdinfo/libcdio

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 22 08:15:56 CEST 2003

Your work did include a cd audio reader as well? How is this performance
comared to the current cdda module? Currently playing cdda on my system
takes about 10-15% cpu, while playing i.e. dvd takes about 6%.

And how about autodetection? The current system have some difficulities with
autodetecting whether the current disc is audio cd, vcd or something
completly different. cd's with data on the first track and audio on the
others starts playing the data and makes a lot of noice. Do you fix these
problems as well?

Sigmund