[vlc-devel] Re: New DirectShow input

Mohammed Adnène TROJETTE adn at via.ecp.fr
Thu Aug 28 06:09:36 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> There is not yet any menu in the interface for this input but you can
> use it anyway by typing the right MRL in the open dialog box.

There can be a solution to that ;)

> An example of MRL would be "dshow://vdev="Labtec
> Webcam":adev="SoundMax Input"" where the adev and vdev options are
> optional (default devices will be used if nothing is specified).

I did not specify any device then sound and video worked perfectly
($gibalou) with my Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000, that contains a
microphone (identified as an USB Audio Device). I only noticed a problem
: the picture is vertically inverted (la tête en bas :).

> I'm not sure I'll spend the time to implement all of these features
> mainly because I don't have access to the necessary hardware so if you
> are interested in developing these, feel welcome.

It would be very interesting to get a TV Tuner or a PVR completely
working with that !

--
adn (7874)
"god, sec'gen, what is difference?"