[vlc-devel] Re: [RFC] + Re: Re: libcddb added, playlist interface - disappointing

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Mon Dec 1 02:58:47 CET 2003

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Cl=E9ment?= Stenac writes:

 > I forgot to say that if nobody disagrees, I would enjoy to do this.

My take is that if you feel you have a better way, I'd really
appreciate it if you worked on it and shared it.

The problem I think we're having is not that there are too many ideas
but that there's an awful lot that needs to be done especially in the
user-interface area.

 > We could also then have functions, like
 > playlist_AddInfoToCurrentItem_ThisNameSucks(), that would allow to get
 > rid of the find/release of p_playlist that we have almost everywhere in
 > the code

Yep, probably like yourself I dislike the vlc_object_find( p_xxx,
VLC_OBJECT_PLAYLIST, FIND_ANYWHERE ) and then accessing the internal
structures that. And yes it is sad to see this in a number of modules.

Right now there's no alternative that I can see. But if someone offers
a better solution, I'll be happy to change the code I've added for this.